The British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG) is a new grant offered by the B.C. government as of August, 2015. The BCTESG provides $1,200 towards an RESP for residents of B.C. born in 2007 or later.
The earliest that one can apply for the grant is after the sixth (6th) birthday of the child, with the deadline being the day before the child's ninth (9th) birthday.
- For a beneficiary born in 2007 or 2008, the deadline to apply is August 14, 2018;
- For a beneficiary born on or between January 1, 2009 and August 15, 2009, the deadline to apply is August 14, 2018; or
- For a beneficiary born any time on or after August 16, 2009, the deadline to apply is by the beneficiary's ninth (9th) birthday.
- If this is a new RESP, the parent/guardian and the child must both possess a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN). Additionally, the parent/guardian must possess one of the following:
- A valid British Columbia driver's licence;
- A British Columbia Identification (BCID) Card with a picture;
- A British Columbia Services Card; or
- A British Columbia utilities bill (dated within the last 3 months and listing the current address of the custodial parent or legal guardian). A utilities bill can be any of: electricity, gas, phone, cable, water or garbage bills.
You (the Subscriber/Client)
- Subscriber completes and submits the BCTESG application form to Heritage head office.
- Heritage reviews the BCTESG eligibility criteria and information provided on the BCTESG application form.
- Heritage submits the BCTESG information to ESDC on the subscriber's behalf.
- ESDC processes transactions, validates eligibility, calculates and makes payments of the BCTESG on behalf of the Government of British Columbia to Heritage.
- Heritage deposits the BCTESG payment towards the specific RESP accordingly.
- Heritage notifies the subscriber, via the annual Statement of Account, that the BCTESG payment has been deposited towards the RESP.
Restrictions and Conditions
There's no better time to take advantage of this amazing benefit.
Let us help you get started today!
Heritage Plans are scholarship plans issued under the sponsorship of the Heritage Educational Foundation. Units of the Heritage Plans are offered by prospectus only, a copy of which can be obtained from the registered dealer, Heritage Education Funds Inc. at HeritageRESP.com. These securities may not be appropriate for all investors and are subject to certain risk factors. See the prospectus for details.