Discover Orlando! Annual Referral Contest - Rules and Regulations
- Contest Period. Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. on January 1, 2013 and continues until 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) December 31, 2013 (the "Contest Closing Date"). This contest is sponsored by Heritage Education Funds Inc. ("Heritage").
- Entrance. Complete the entry ballot in full and submit it to Heritage by the Contest Closing Date. Number of entries is not limited provided eligibility requirements described in item 3 below are met. No purchase necessary.
- Eligibility.The contest is open to all the public as well as the current subscribers to the Heritage Plans who are (i) residents of Canada and (ii) are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, as of the date of entry, excluding the employees and members of the immediate families of employees of Heritage. Heritage shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Heritage for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Heritage reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply any untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
Eligibility to enter the contest:
- An individual ("Referrer") must have an appointment with a Heritage Sales Representative ("Representative"), go through a Heritage RESP Presentation ("Presentation") and refer a friend ("Referee").
- The Representative must book and hold an appointment with the Referee. The Presentation must be conducted.
By entering your friend's, the Referee's, contact information, you, the Referrer, acknowledge and agree that you have obtained the consent of the individual whose personal information (the "Information") you are providing to Heritage. Heritage will use such Information to book a meeting with such individual to present the products offered by Heritage.
- Prizes. The winning ballot will contain the names of the Referrer and the Referee. Entrants are eligible to win the following:
- The Referrer wins a Grand Prize,
- The Referee wins a Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize. There are two Grand Prizes. Each Grand Prize is a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida for a family of four (two adults and two children under the age of 15) for four nights. The winner may choose a cash prize of $2,500 instead of the trip. Each Grand Prize includes the following:
- Roundtrip economy airfare for four (4) from the following major Canadian gateways to Orlando, Florida (MCO): Charlottetown, PE (YYG), Edmonton, AB (YEG), Halifax, NS (YHZ), Montreal, QC (YUL), Saskatoon, SK (YQR), St. John's, NL (YYT), Toronto, ON (YYZ), Vancouver, BC (YVR).
- 4 nights at one of Disney's Moderate Resorts ("Resort") such as Disney Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter or The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort.
- Room type – standard view.
- Magic Your Way base tickets for 4 days.
The following are not included within the Grand Prize:
- Meals, drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- The Grand Prize does not cover any car rentals or other transportation costs except the flights mentioned in item 5 (a) above. Transportation by bus to and from the Resort is complimentary for the Resort guests. Transportation includes travel between Orlando International Airport and the Resort, to and from major theme parks and Downtown Disney Area. Hours of operation are at the discretion of the Resort.
Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $4,500. The winner may choose a cash prize of CAD $2,500 instead of the trip.
To redeem the prize, the winner must take the trip prior to June 9, 2014. The winner will be provided with a list of  itineraries to choose from. The approximate retail value is based upon departure from the major Canadian gateways listed in item 5 (a); the actual value may vary depending upon the time of year of departure and originating airport. The only cash substitution available is $2,500. Winner is not entitled to the monetary difference between the actual Grand Prize value and the stated approximate value, if any.
All travel arrangements and bookings will be arranged by Heritage or its agents. Grand Prize winners are not required to travel together. Each winner must travel from the major gateway airport listed in item 5 (a) nearest to the winner's residence. Winners are solely responsible for any and all costs, other than those specifically stated in the Contest Rules that may be incurred or arise as a result of being awarded a Grand Prize, including but not limited to, ground transportation (including to and from airports), taxes, transfers, travel insurance, spending money, tips, meals, airport charges, telephone calls, in room dining and other travel and hotel charges not specifically mentioned as part of the Grand Prize. Winners are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents such as passport or travel visa in advance of the departure date. Heritage is not responsible in the event winners are refused entry to destination country or re-entry to Canada for whatever reason and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeit. Certain Blackout dates may apply, and is subject to ticket availability. Heritage is not responsible for any flight postponements or cancellations.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded, no substitutions or transferability permitted other than the cash prize of $2,500 described above. All entries become the property of Heritage and will not be returned nor shared with any other company. Heritage reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
- Prize Awarding.A random draw will be electronically performed by a third party consultant, and will be held within 15 (fifteen) business days after the Contest Closing Date. A winning ballot will be drawn on January 22, 2014 at Heritage's office at 2005 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto ON M4J 5B4. The winning ballot will have two winners: the Referrer and the Referee. These two winners will be selected from all entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Provided the eligibility requirements described in item 3 above are met, the Referrer and the Referee will each win a Grand Prize.
The prizes will be awarded only on verification by Heritage that all contest requirements have been met by the winner(s). To be declared a winner, the person selected must answer, without help, a time limited, skill-testing question and both Grand Prize winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days of receipt. By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Form, the entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges Heritage, its affiliates and subsidiaries from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the prize, and (iii) gives permission to Heritage and at their option, to publish or otherwise use the entrant's name, city of residence, photograph or other likeness and comments, without compensation, on the website as well as in any publicity or promotion carried out by Heritage or its advertising agencies. Heritage will make three (3) attempts to contact the winner by telephone. If the winner cannot be reached, does not complete the skill testing question correctly, declines the prize, or fails to return a release of liability and declaration of compliance as specified above, another entry will be randomly selected, the winner will be named and the winning entry must fulfill the requirements outlined above and so on until the prize is awarded. Heritage is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. The official Grand Prize winner will be contacted by telephone by a Heritage representative to award the prize at the contact information provided by the entrant within two (2) to three (3) weeks after Heritage receives the properly completed and signed Declaration and Release Form. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. A condition for acceptance of an entry is that the entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by the contest rules, and agrees to have their name and picture published. All entries become the property of Heritage.
- Prize Disclaimer: Heritage is the sponsor of this contest and is solely responsible for the delivery of a prize to an official winner, as declared by Heritage. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Heritage and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- Disqualification. Heritage is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or the Heritage website, as determined by Heritage, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. All entries that have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules, may be disqualified by Heritage. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Heritage reserves the right to terminate the entrant's eligibility to participate in a Contest. In the event any portion of a Contest is compromised at any time by a computer virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Heritage which in the opinion of Heritage corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, Heritage reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest and to award the prize to individuals selected from the pool of entrants received up to the point of termination. If a selected entrant is awarded the Prize due to a system error, malfunction or defect the Prize will be returned to be re-awarded. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules and Regulations.
- Tax Information. Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
- Quebec. In the case of entrants in the province of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the RÉGIE DES ALCOOLS, DES COURSES ET DES JEUX for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Contest Rules. Participation in the contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these contest rules, which are final on all matters relating to the contest. By entering the contest, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the contest judges (who are representatives of Heritage), which are final with respect to all matters relating to the contest. Heritage reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate the Contest or the Contest Rules at any time, without notice, and for any reason. All entries become the property of Heritage and will not be returned and no correspondence will be made with or entered into except with the selected entrants and the confirmed winners. The contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws. This contest is void where prohibited by law.